Happy 4th of July! 🇺🇸 Hope you’re all enjoying quality time with your loved ones! Today I made a Blueberry “Cheesecake” that’s gluten-free, dairy-free, and refined sugar-free! Did you know that cashews can replicated the creamy texture of cheesecake? Amazingly, this recipe utilizes your freezer rather than your oven, which is perfect for a hot summer day! The end result is a decadent, creamy, good-for-you cheesecake loaded in fiber and antioxidants. Blueberries🫐 are one of my favorite superfoods and have “anthocyanins,” the antioxidant that gives it that dark blue color.
2 cups raw cashews, soaked overnight (or you can boil and simmer for 20 min with a splash of lemon juice, then chill with ice-water). This soaking or boiling process makes cashews (a legume) more digestible.
Zest of 1 lemon 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
1/3 cup maple syrup
1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup blueberries
2 cups walnuts
10 Mejool dates (pits removed)
2 tablespoons coconut oil
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
Pinch of salt
Extra berries optional for topping!
- Fist make the crust by placing all the crust ingredients in a food processor and pulsing until smooth.
- Line a 8″x8″ pan with parchment paper. Firmly press the crust into an even layer. Place covered in the freezer while making the filling.
- In a blender place all the filling ingredients and blend until smooth.
- Add the filling and spread evenly over the crust.
- Freeze for 3 hours or overnight.
Enjoy with some fresh berries and a cup of herbal tea!
Cheers to healthy treats!
Rajsree Nambudripad, MD