Do you or a loved one suffer from Fatty Liver Disease? Do you have elevated liver enzymes (ALT and AST) due to a poor diet 🍔 or exposure to toxins? ⚠️ Did you know that 1 in 3 adults worldwide suffers from Fatty Liver Disease? It even affects 10% of children! Currently, Fatty Liver Disease is the second leading cause of liver transplantation in the United States.
This epidemic of Fatty Liver Disease is directly related to the Standard American Diet (SAD Diet 🙁) which is abundant in refined carbohydrates 🥨, high fructose corn syrup🥤, processed foods🌭, and inflammatory restaurant oils 🍟. Interestingly, dietary fat does not cause fatty liver disease. Rather, it’s caused by a diet high in sugars 🍩 and carbohydrates 🥐 in the setting of Insulin Resistance.
Our liver is one of our biggest detox organs, constantly clearing toxins and metabolizing hormones from our bodies. It produces bile, which is another way we excrete toxins through our gut.
I’m excited to announce the launch of our new supplement, Liver Support! ✴️ It contains a specialized blend of botanicals and plant extracts 🌿 with powerful phytonutrients and antioxidants that promote Phase 1 and Phase 2 detoxification pathways in the liver. ♺
Liver Support contains:
🌿 Milk Thistle
🌼 Dandelion Root Extract
🍃 Artichoke Leaf Extract
These ingredients can help to lower inflammation in the liver, promote liver detox pathways, and increase bile production.
Liver Support is taken at a dose of 2-3 capsules daily after food.
What can we do to help support our Livers?
1) Eat plenty of liver detoxifying foods like arugula, dark leafy greens 🥬, beets, cruciferous vegetables 🥦, and berries 🍓! Drink roasted dandelion tea! 🍵
2) Avoid liver toxins like alcohol🍺, processed foods 🍪, restaurant oils 🍟, and unnecessary medications, including over-the-counter medications like acetaminophen.
3) Make sure you’re moving your bowels daily to help excrete toxins in bile. Taking Magnesium at bedtime can help keep your bowels regular and Magnesium is also a cofactor for several liver detoxification enzymes.
4) Address underlying Insulin Resistance through diet, exercise, and by taking Berberine Pro to activate your insulin receptors.
5) Take Glutathione, the master antioxidant and detoxifier for every cell in your body, and especially important for your liver cells.
6) Take Liver Support!
The great news is that Fatty Liver Disease is generally reversible through diet and lifestyle. To learn more about reversing Fatty Liver Disease, please watch my video on YouTube.
Beets are an excellent liver-detoxifying food! ♺ They are also a rich source of iron, trace minerals and antioxidants. 💫
This had been my favorite lunch salad lately! It’s easy to assemble, and incredibly tasty and filling!
Organic Baby Spinach 🍃
Beets (whole canned beets, drained and rinsed)
Goat cheese, which is easier to digest for many people compared to dairy cheese 🧀
Assorted nuts (cashews, almonds, and walnuts) 🥜
Hummus for extra protein and fiber
Dressing: Balsamic Vinegar, Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Salt and Pepper
Are you sensitive to cow’s cheese? 🐄 🧀 For many people, the lactose, A1 casein and whey proteins present in cow’s cheese can cause digestive distress and inflammation.🔥 The good news is that people who don’t tolerate conventional dairy, can often tolerate goat’s cheese! 🐐. Goat’s cheese has significantly less lactose and A1 casein compared to cow’s cheese. Goat’s cheese has primarily A2 casein and is a rich source of protein, calcium, phosphorous, and other trace minerals. It also contains medium chain fatty acids called capric and carpylic acid which serve as an immediate energy source and have antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties.
Hope you all have a wonderful day! 🌞
Blend and Enjoy!
Rajsree Nambudripad, MD