Did you know that the trillions of bacteria in your gut microbiome can impact your energy, immune system, metabolism, hormones, sleep, skin, and even your mood! As Hippocrates once said, “All disease begins in the gut.”
Unfortunately, our modern lifestyle puts us at risk for a disrupted gut microbiome. Exposure to refined sugar, processed foods, restaurant oils, antibiotics, certain medications, and even chronic stress can disrupt the delicate ecosystem of your gut microbiome.
Probiotics provide the “good bacteria” for your microbiome. They also help to push out the “bad bacteria” which may be causing inflammation in the gut.
Which probiotic is right for you? We carry 5 high quality probiotics, each with its own benefits:
1) Probiotic 225 Billion is our strongest probiotic. It has 5+ strains of Lactobacillus and Bifidobacterium at high dose to “reboot” and rapidly repair your gut microbiome. It also has a prebiotic called Larch Arabinogalactans to help feed all the good bacteria. It comes as a powder packet that you mix with water and drink. This is a great probiotic for an inflamed gut (Leaky Gut) that has been disrupted by an infection, food poisoning, antibiotics, travel, or the Standard American Diet.
2) Probiotic 100 Billion is our next strongest probiotic. It also has 5+ strains of Lactobacillus and Bifidobacterium. It does not have any prebiotics, so it is great for those with bloating problems or those treating Small Intestine Bacterial Overgrowth (SIBO). It comes in convenient capsule form. It is also great for straightening out a disrupted gut microbiome, healing dysbiosis (a bacterial imbalance), or Leaky Gut.
3) Saccharomyces Boulardii (S. boulardii) is a probiotic “yeast.” It can help to push out other “bad yeast” from your gut microbiome, like Candida. This is the concept of “fight yeast with yeast.” I recommend S. boulardii to my patients suffering from any symptom of fungal overgrowth like vaginal yeast infections, dandruff, and fungal skin infections. The literature shows that S. boulardii helps to improve symptoms of Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) and also helps to improve the integrity of the intestinal barrier (Leaky Gut). It can also help those suffering from Histamine Intolerance.
4) Spore Probiotic IgG is a combination of spore-based Bacillus and Immunoglobulins (IgG antibodies that are dairy-free). The literature shows the efficacy of spore-based Bacillus in treating IBS and SIBO. Spores are dormant, soil-organisms that germinate in the intestine. They can survive hostile environments like stomach acid and have a longer life of activity in the intestines (21 days vs. 7 days). The IgG antibodies in this probiotic also help to bind bacterial toxins and reduce die-off symptoms during SIBO treatment. IgG can also speed healing of any inflammation in the gut lining.
5) Probiotic 20 Billion with S. Boulardii is our lowest dose, most gentle probiotic. It combines the benefits of 5+ strains of Lactobacillus and Bifidobacterium with the probiotic yeast, S. boulardii. It is a great maintenance probiotic to keep your microbiome healthy. It is also well tolerated by sensitive individuals or those suffering from Histamine Intolerance or IBS.
All of our probiotics are stable at room temperature, making them convenient and effective.
To learn more about each probiotic, please see the links to each product as well as the links to the supporting literature and videos.
Rajsree Nambudripad, MD