Do you feel like you have a balloon trapped in your tummy? One of the most common symptoms I see in my practice is bloating! This is where the abdomen gets distended and uncomfortable after meals. It may also be accompanied by gas, burping, abdominal pain, and inconsistent bowel habits.
What are the top 10 ROOT causes of bloating?
1) Small Intestine Bacterial Overgrowth (SIBO). This is an extremely common condition and root cause of Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS). To learn more:
2) Candida or Small Intestine Fungal Overgrowth (SIFO). To learn more:
3) Inadequate Pancreatic Enzymes. If you take Digestive Enzyme Pro before meals and notice the bloating goes away, this is the likely root cause.
4) Lactose Intolerance. If you eliminate dairy products from your diet and the bloating resolves, this is the diagnosis.
5) Low Stomach Acid. If you take Betaine and Pepsin after meals and notice your bloating resolves, this is the root cause.
6) Parasites🪱 It’s good to get checked for parasites if you travel out of the country, go camping, or eat a lot of raw seafood (sushi).
7) Slow Motility. If you are suffering from constipation, this can be a root cause of bloating. Essential Magnesium, taken at bedtime, can be adjusted to help regulate your bowels. Motility Activatoris great for doing a “clean sweep”of your small intestines while you’re sleeping.
8) Leaky Gut: Inflammation in the lining of our gut can be caused by foods, antibiotics, toxins, ibuprofen (NSAIDs), stress or infections. To learn more:
9) Dysbiosis: This is a bacterial imbalance in your microbiome, where a certain bacteria is overgrown and out of balance.
10) Reaction to a Food. Are you allergic or sensitive to foods you are eating? To learn more:
I hope my YouTube videos help people who are suffering from gas and bloating! My protocols for SIBO, Candida, SIFO, Dysbiosis, Leaky Gut, Constipation, and more are now available for all within the United States on my Supplement Store. To learn more:
When the bloating is gone, your body and mind feel so much better!
Rajsree Nambudripad, MD