Are you familiar with the Adrenal Glands? They are two tiny glands located in your lower back, attached to the top of your kidneys. They produce some of the most critical hormones in your body!
You may have heard of the hormone called Adrenaline (also known as Epinephrine), which gets released by the Adrenal Glands during acute stress (like riding a roller coaster). It gives you an “Adrenaline rush” to help you handle the situation.
Chronic stress causes your adrenals to produce Cortisol, which unfortunately can cause fatigue, weight gain, insomnia, inflammation, high blood pressure, brain fog, and frequent infections.😱
Adrenal Dysfunction (also known as “Adrenal Fatigue”) is extremely common in today’s society due to the excessive demands we put on our bodies. If you’re exhausted 😫 all the time, this could be a sign that your cortisol levels are high (or low) and your Adrenal Glands need support!
5 Tips to Support Your Adrenal Glands:
1) Stabilize Your Blood Sugar by eating balanced meals (with protein, fat, and fiber) at regular times during the day (don’t skip meals). Cut out refined sugar, high glycemic index carbohydrates (like cereal, bread, and pasta), and processed foods.
2) Prioritize Sleep. 😴 Take ✅ Essential Magnesium at bedtime to get a deeper and more restorative sleep. Most people need 8 hours of sleep nightly to heal the Adrenals.
3) Drink Water with ✅ Electrolyte Powder to support cellular functioning in your muscles and brain! People with Adrenal Dysfunction often crave salt! Rather than eating a bag of potato chips, drink water with electrolytes!
4) Limit Caffeine. People with Adrenal Dysfunction often rely on caffeine, which is like using a “credit card” for energy. Unfortunately, this leaves you with an energy debt where you feel even more exhausted! 😫 I recommend no more than 1 caffeinated beverage ☕ in the morning. Some people do best when they eliminate caffeine entirely.
5) Take ✅ Adrenal Support every morning. This is a combination of bovine adrenal concentrate, pantothenic acid (B5), methylcobalamin (B12), and adaptogenic herbs like Rhodiola, Licorice, Eleuthero, and Schisandra Berry that can help to balance your cortisol levels. It can help support the healing of your Adrenal Glands and restore your energy and drive!
To learn more about the Adrenal Glands, please watch my video on YouTube.
I have two new recipes to share with you below! I stumbled upon the Ground Walnut Tacos 🌮 while experimenting this week, and really enjoyed them! Try it out, for a satisfying meatless meal! Of course, nothing beats a Blueberry 🫐 Muffin in the morning! Don’t miss the recipes below ⬇️.
I’ll be making more fun short videos in the format of reels on Instagram and Facebook, so be sure to follow me, and share them with your friends!
Please subscribe to my YouTube channel, where I have an exciting video on Brain Fog that is coming soon… Stay tuned!
Wishing you all great health,
Rajsree Nambudripad, MD